Every photo starts with a camera so as the first step for you to start with photography should be to get your hands on a camera. The question is which one?
Ok before we get started to look at the best cameras to buy for you, You should think about 4 things:
- What do I want to do with the camera (Photos, Videos, Both? Because a camera cannot be good in every field of use)
- What type of filming or photographing(Vlogs, Cinematic footage, Action footage, landscape photos or portraits? That doesn’t mean you can not use the camera for everything just keep in mind that every camera is specialized to be good in one particular field.
- Should the camera be compact (mirrorless) or do you want a DSLR?
- And last but NOT least do you want a fully automatic or a customizable camera?
Mirrorless vs DSLR Comparison
Here is a very basic overview of the differences for you.
A compact camera is basically a mirrorless compact camera it usually starts at a cheaper low end it is easier to handle and Smaller.
Pro for Compact
- Cheaper low End
- Easier to handle
- Less weight
- It is Smaller
- Better for Videos
A DSLR camera starts at a more expensive low end but has usually a better Image quality. It is also good for filming but in the past years, it got mostly overtaken by the mirrorless competition.
Pro for DLSR
- More Possibility (Because of the Customization)
- More Objectives (at the Moment)
- RAW Footage Always but Not Only
- More Battery Life
- Better for Images
So now it’s on you, to know what you want. If you ask me I would go for a DSLR if you want to take Images only. If you want to make videos or you are looking for some sort of all-rounder you should go with a mirrorless compact camera.